One day a few months ago I got the bright idea to paint the frame turquoise. I've got turquoise in every room of my home, and I thought it might make the frame work in my color scheme and style more that way. It started out that I was just going to do a light turquoise wash, letting the detail below come through, but I wasn't liking the look, so I let the first coat dry and then continued with an opaque paint job instead.
When I ran into issues recently with the frame I ordered for my new algae watercolor by Miss Capricho, I remembered that I had the turquoise frame with the butterfly print just sitting in the basement, catching dust. I took it apart and set the damaged algae print (a new one is on its way) over existing butterfly print. Lo and behold, it fits! The watercolor is just a teeny bit too large, so I'll have to cut it down a tad, which is fine because there is plenty of white space around the edges.
I think I'll like the mirrored mat, but I could always get a mat cut to fit if I wanted to change things up.
Once I receive the new (hopefully undamaged) print from across The Pond, I'll cut it down, assemble it in the frame, then get it hung. And you know I'll share the results!